I was asked to make a few small changes to my usual Mermaid dress for this customer. I added plain blue after the trim as a nice clean edge. I also painted the skirt inset and sleeve appliques (very hard to see in the pictures) like I do my Fin, it turned out really well and I'd like to give it a try again in the future.
This is a dress I've been planning for quite some time.
I finally got to try my hand at it last week!
I really like how it turned out.
Things I learned from this project are - white fringe is WAY harder to find than I ever imagined and go with the hard way to do something first. I had to dismantle the entire collar peice and rework it because it looked awful the "easy" way!