Friday, February 15, 2008

Hard decisions

This year has started out a little bit slow, which I was beginning to be concerned about. That is until last week. I got an order for a Princess Beauty with a deposit.

I also got 2 emails from customers interested in dresses but neither one sent a deposit. The first person to email me had to wait for her princess to send in measurements and the second person to email is a brand new customer wanting something I've never done before, it looks fun.

Both people were given the same tentative ship date but I wouldn't be able to deliver all 3 dresses on the same day. The most I can do in my busy life is 2 a week. Person #1 finally got the measurements and sent in her deposit, so I had to tell person #2 that her ship date has to change to 3 weeks later. When I have to do this it does make me feel bad that I have to let people down.

I work on a first come first serve basis and I know deposits are hard to come up with and waiting can be nerve wracking but keep in mind someday you might be the lucky person who gets the deposit in first.

If there is ever an event you need a dress for please tell me in your first email and I will see what I can do to accommodate your event.

Thanks for all the understanding. I'm off to cut out 2 Princesses Beauty!

No comments: