Monday, January 24, 2011

Something a Little Different

Another top I made 4 years ago is in need of being replaced, I'm sensing a trend here ...

She requested that the dress have no satin on it. She works for charity only and wanted cotton type fabrics. I found the fabrics for the bodice, skirt and collar. She found the fabric for the sleeves and peplum. She also requested the peplum be attached to the bodice, I was uncertain how it would work out but it did, and pretty easily too.
I love the fabric I found for the bodice and can't wait to see it combined with other fabrics in the future.

1 comment:

Karen Valinda said...

The photos don't get bigger!!! I was wanting to check out the bodice fabric you mentioned.
The dress looks great, not at all "sturdy" which 'no satin' somehow brought to my mind ;-}