Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Mermaid and A Mistake

Here is the latest mermaid in my collection. It is headed to the same place as last weeks mermaid. It is one of the few outfits that really isn't very size adjustable, so she ordered 2.

This one is smaller and shorter and I wasn't able to find the exact same bra, I looked at 3 different Targets and none of them had it. I did find another one with removable straps but it was so well padded I was afraid the girls would be fighting wardrobe malfunctions left and right so I chose a bra that has permanent straps. I went ahead with the project but didn't check with the customer because she had said in an email she wanted the top to be worn with straps. So I figured, no big deal. I sent the email with the pictures to her and when I hadn't heard from her by the next morning I went ahead and sent the dress figuring it was the same as last time, no big deal.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yesterday afternoon I heard from the client and I found out it was a big deal. I really do try my best to make things uniform but sometimes I can't get the same items. I'm just not a big enough company to order in high volume. I apologized to the customer and agreed that she was right, I should have told her the bra would be different, I just didn't realize it would make such a difference. I also let her know that when it arrives if she totally hates it I will pay for it to be sent back and I will remake the top. This seems to be an okay solution for now, we'll see what happens once it gets to it's destination.

I am just one person and I do make mistakes. I try to fix them as fast as I can and to the best of my ability. I really appreciate the patience and understanding of clients when a problem arises.

1 comment:

Karen Valinda said...

I have nothing real to say but the wv was visible... dippers!
*-^