Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

This project was unique in several ways. First of all the fabric was hand delivered, all the way from the east coast! The client was headed into town and I got to meet her and talk about what she wanted for this costume in person. It was a lot of fun and two of my girls got to see there really are people on the other side of the computer, sometimes I think they wonder. 
She brought me this dress, that she really loves, even though I didn't make it ;)
Photobucket
It needed a little TLC and now it looks like this.It also has a new zipper and all of the exposed seams are serged. It was very well made and hopefully the changes will keep it looking great for a few more years.
Photobucket
The fabric she brought was to make another top just like it. I LOVE my local independent fabric store but I'm plotting a trip to Newark to go visit hers, it has some fabulous stuff!
Photobucket
There was also a crown and necklace to go with it.
Photobucket 
I had to ask for an extra day on this project, which I hate to do, because my 10 yr old broke her foot! Sometimes life just can't be avoided. 

1 comment:

Karen Valinda said...

Very nice, and life apologizes, really, it does! xoxoxox